Home » , , , » I miss my personal trainer. He's the coolest guy ever!

I miss my personal trainer. He's the coolest guy ever!

It has been two years ago already since I hired a personal trainer to help me lose weight and get toned. I did it so that my roommate can get a deal on the training program since she doesn't earn much and didn't have the money to pay for that kind of amount for personal training.

I obliged. I'm a nice guy.

Then, I met the trainer. His name is Josh. A guy who is only 19-years of age but seemed to have his life all planned out. He graduated from high school and went right into becoming a personal trainer.

I did my first few sessions with him and while working out, we would kid around and we would talk. He always gave me a hard time at the elliptical machine and would it turn it up so high until I lose my breath just so that he could make fun of me.

I didn't mind it. I enjoyed my workouts with him.

Continued at the bottom of the post















He lived literally a block away from my house and on his way home, he would pass by my house and we would sit and talk for hours. He would tell me about his plans, talk to me about his faith and simply everything and anything under the sun.

The first night we talked, we stayed in my patio for eight straight hours. Yes, just talking.

He reminded me of myself when I was a young kid. I had so many plans. There were hindrances to my plans but I knew somehow that I would break them and get through it all.

I admired him a lot (and of course I had a little crush on him too). At his young age, he really had his life ahead of him. He could choose whatever path he wanted to take and could be whatever he wanted to be.

He moved out of my area last year and he moved out west to be with his brother. He's doing well. We keep in touch on Facebook. He's got a girlfriend out there and seem to be doing fine with his personal training business.

I miss him and I miss my talks with him. I promised I would call him last Sunday but I forgot about it.

He will remain one of my good friends and hopefully even more in the years to come.